I have been playing violin since I was eight years old. When I reached my early teen years, I developed an intense passion for the instrument as well as classical music. I have been that way ever since!
In today’s crazy and hectic world, I have found myself teaching violin, viola, and occasionally piano lessons. Though I obtained a math degree from college, I still somehow gravitated toward what I loved the most: violin and music.
Not a one-track girl…
My life journey so far has been quite multifaceted. Certainly, it has not been a one-track experience of simply being a musician. Rather, throughout the years, my other interests have taken hold. I have gone through times in which I had fierce interests in spirituality, environmentalism, health, academics, and more.
However, more than anything else, I have always been a diehard romantic (literally, always: when I was five, I used to dance with my oversized teddy bear and call it my husband). Falling in love was what mattered most to me throughout all of my life. I am happy to say that I have been married to my favorite person in the entire world since 2020 (yes, we did get married just six months into covid!).
Being married is possibly my favorite part of existing. Though I never would have thought it, I have found that I love being a homemaker. And my husband is an incredible man – he amazes me every day. Plus, I am very lucky to be married to another musician! In fact, one of the things that brought us together was our mutual love for classical music, as he is a pianist.
My violin mission!
As a violinist, I have found that teaching lessons has helped me improve more than I could ever have imagined. I started teaching right out of high school in 2013, and boy, did I know nothing back then! However, over the years, I have learned so much about how to break down violin technique and teach it effectively.
And now I’m here to share what I’ve learned with you! I hope to create an in-depth resource for all things violinful, and help demystify the difficult instrument to keep it alive for years to come. Violin is just so amazing!
Fun facts about Corey!
My favorite violin pieces to play:
- Bach: Partita No. 2 in D minor, Chaconne
- Bach: Sonata No. 3 in C Major, Fugue
- Tchaikovsky: Concerto in D Major, 1st Movement
- Paganini: Caprice No. 24
- Franck: Sonata in A Major (accompanied by my lovely husband!)
My favorite classical pieces to listen to:
- Mozart: Ave Verum Corpus
- Mozart: Overture to The Marriage of Figaro
- Bach: Sonatas and Partitas for Solo Violin
- Sibelius: Violin Concerto in D minor
- Anything Mozart 🙂
- Animal: dolphins!🐬
- Color: sky blue
- Season: SUMMER!
- Place to be: by the sea 💙
- Thing to do: spend time with my husband
- Food: homemade cacao macaroons! And avocadoes….🥑
In my free time I can be found…
- playing violin and piano!🎻🎹
- making clothes with my great-grandmother’s vintage sewing machine.🧵
- baking sourdough bread.
- making fermented drinks, such as kombucha and water kefir!
- learning how to be a better wife.❤️
- making medicinal herbal tinctures.
- in the ocean with my flippers🌊